Controls Engineer/Support Technician – Savage, MN
Beckhoff Automation currently has openings for controls engineers/technical support at the company’s North American headquarters in Savage, MN. Employees in this position provide technical phone support and occasional on-site field service to a wide variety of customers implementing Beckhoff products. Candidates should have a working knowledge and understanding of a range of PLCs and Embedded Controllers, Industrial PCs, Distributed I/O, HMI and Microsoft based software. Candidates with strong PLC programming proficiency are preferred.
Beckhoff is a provider of advanced and open automation products based on proven industrial technologies with global headquarters, including product design and assembly facilities, is located in Verl, Germany. Between direct owned subsidiaries and worldwide co-operation with partners, Beckhoff is represented in 60+ countries.
- Diagnose and solve customers’ control systems issues using standard trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Perform troubleshooting and research toward the resolution of technology related problems for end users.
- Provide first-line support for Beckhoff Automation Products.
- Provide end user training working one-on-one, creating knowledgebase articles, updating wiki, or small group training.
- Diagnose and solve problems for colleagues and end users.
- Prioritize incoming requests. Escalate problems (when required or appropriate) to other technicians, next level of support or other departments or function.
- Record, track, and document help desk requests, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made as well as actions taken through to final resolution.
- Learn on the job when faced with new challenges/questions.
- Participate in on-call helpdesk rotation to triage and troubleshoot after hours service requests.
- AAS or equivalent experience required Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering related field from an ABET accredited college or university is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple issues, prioritizing and effectively managing team resources.
- Ability to lead team efforts in recognizing large scale issues and coordinate efforts with other team members to quickly solve large scale problems.
- Experience with helpdesk automation tools.
- Knowledge and experience with multiple desktop operating systems (Windows based).
- Familiarity with incident or call tracking response system.
- Problem solving may involve researching and testing solutions.
- Ability to relate well in a customer service role with technology end users.
- An active and valid driver's license.
- Must be team-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel both locally and overnight, approximately 20-25%.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience software imaging tools.
- Telephone call manager systems.
Beckhoff Automation offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including medical and dental insurance, basic life and AD&D insurance, Short and long term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid time off and holidays - all in a beautiful, new facility.
Please send resumes to:
Beckhoff Automation LLC