Controls Engineer/Support Technician – Savage, MN
Beckhoff Automation currently has openings for a Controls Engineer/Technical Support at the company’s North American headquarters in Savage, MN. Employees in this position provide technical phone support and occasional on-site field service to a wide variety of customers implementing Beckhoff products. Candidates should have a working knowledge and understanding of a range of PLCs and Embedded Controllers, Industrial PCs, Distributed I/O, HMI and Microsoft based software. Candidates with strong PLC programming proficiency are preferred.
- Diagnose and solve customers’ control systems issues using standard trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Perform troubleshooting and research toward the resolution of technology related problems for end users.
- Provide first-line support for Beckhoff Automation Products.
- Provide end user training working one-on-one, creating knowledgebase articles, updating wiki, or small group training.
- Diagnose and solve problems for colleagues and end users.
- Prioritize incoming requests. Escalate problems (when required or appropriate) to other technicians, next level of support or other departments or function.
- Record, track, and document help desk requests, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made as well as actions taken through to final resolution.
- Learn on the job when faced with new challenges/questions.
- Participate in on-call helpdesk rotation to triage and troubleshoot after hours service requests.
- AAS or equivalent experience required Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering related field from an ABET accredited college or university is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple issues, prioritizing and effectively managing team resources.
- Ability to lead team efforts in recognizing large scale issues and coordinate efforts with other team members to quickly solve large scale problems.
- Experience with helpdesk automation tools.
- Knowledge and experience with multiple desktop operating systems (Windows based).
- Familiarity with incident or call tracking response system.
- Problem solving may involve researching and testing solutions.
- Ability to relate well in a customer service role with technology end users.
- An active and valid driver's license.
- Must be team-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel both locally and overnight, approximately 20-25%.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with software imaging tools.
- Telephone call manager systems.
Please send resumes to:
Beckhoff Automation LLC