Systems Engineer – Savage, MN
Beckhoff Automation LLC is looking for an energetic Systems Engineer to be based in the company’s headquarters in Savage, MN. Employees in this position will be responsible for providing direct customer support for companies developing and implementing automation solutions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Guide customers through the process of architecting an automated solution.
- Support mechanical, electrical, and software interfacing with existing equipment or processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate project requirements.
- Diagnose and solve customers’ control systems issues using standard troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Perform troubleshooting and research toward the resolution of technology-related problems for end users.
- Provide end user training by working one-on-one, creating knowledge base articles, updating wiki, or small group training while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Manage resources to maintain project timeliness and budget.
- Develop control system documents.
- Maintain and advance level of knowledge about Beckhoff Automation products and related technologies.
- AAS or Bachelor of Science in Business, Engineering or related technical field from a four year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years designing industrial control systems.
- Ability to handle multiple issues, while prioritizing and effectively managing team resources.
- Ability to lead team efforts in recognizing large scale issues and coordinate efforts with other team members to solve project challenges quickly.
- Knowledge and experience with multiple desktop operating systems (Windows-based).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining professionalism.
- Ability to travel both locally and long distance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to customers, internal and external.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Previous technical training and/or Beckhoff Automation experience.
- Experience with IEC 61131-3 programming environments and Microsoft Visual Studio.