Technical Advisor - Software – Savage, MN
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diagnose and solve customers’ motion control challenges using troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Provide first-line support for Beckhoff Automation products.
- Provide end user training one on one, creating knowledge base articles, updating wiki and small group trainings.
- Diagnose and solve problems for colleagues and end users.
- Prioritize incoming requests. Escalate requests (when required or appropriate) to other technicians, next level of support or other departments or function.
- Record, track and document requests using ticket tracking tools, including all decisions made and actions taken through final resolution.
- Embrace challenges and expand skillset when faced with new challenges/questions.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field from a four year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience, 2-5 years’ experience.
- 2.Experience with Object Oriented Programming Methodologies
- Working knowledge of programming languages C# (preferred) and C++
- Ability to handle multiple issues, prioritizing and effectively managing team resources.
- Ability to lead team efforts to recognize large scale issues and coordinate efforts with other team members to quickly solve large scale challenges.
- Basic knowledge of operating system functions (specifically Windows-based) such as file systems, registry functionality, processes, services, etc.
- Ability to relate well in a customer service role with technology end users.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment while maintaining professionalism.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to customers, companywide, and/or departmental meetings.
- An active and valid driver’s license with the ability to travel.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Previous technical training with Industrial Automation and Beckhoff Automation product experience.
- Working knowledge of communication protocols such as TCP/IP, MQTT, Modbus TCP, (others)
- Enthusiasm and passion for technology