Automation Sales Specialist – Southwestern Ontario, Canada
Beckhoff Automation is looking for an energetic Automation Sales Specialist based in Southwestern Ontario to cover the company’s territory spanning the “N” postal code in Canada. Automation Sales Specialists will generate new business and educate customers, providing information about the latest industrial control products and solutions. Candidates should have a working knowledge and understanding of a range of PLCs, motion control systems, drives, Industrial PCs, distributed I/O, HMI and Microsoft-based software tools. The automation and controls industry is growing very rapidly, and Beckhoff Automation is leading this technology revolution.
- Evaluate territory performance and identify new business opportunities.
- Develop sales with OEM and End User customer accounts using appropriate product solutions.
- Successfully build relationships with current customer base and provide necessary sales support.
- Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
- Advise customers on the proper selection, use, and maintenance of specific product and technology applications, as well as recommending training opportunities offered by Beckhoff.
- Educate new and existing customers on Beckhoff products and technology.
- Follow up on all marketing leads and provide feedback.
- Plan promotional events, presentations, and special projects, as assigned by manager.
- Work with regional and corporate resources to develop and close opportunities.
- Represent the organization in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner.
- Maintain a high degree of relevant technical knowledge in order to fulfill the listed job responsibilities.
- Engineering degree or related technology degree or diploma.
- 2-5 years’ experience of successfully selling automation solutions with OEM and End User customers.
- Understanding of PLCs, motion control systems, drives, Industrial PCs, distributed I/O, and HMI technologies.
- Experience with Windows, Windows Networking, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Highly motivated self-starter with good organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and work cross-functionally.
- Team player mentality, but able to work independently as required.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning, presentation and communication skills (written and oral).
- Approximately 25% travel.